From: Jonathan Kelly <j0n@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o, gentoo-user@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Radeon 8500 drivers
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 22:47:05
1 Hi there,
2
3 I just downloaded the latest Radeon drivers for my 8800 and noticed in the
4 readme.txt that it stated the drivers were also for the 8500. I've read
5 elsewhere that you can use the 8800 drivers with the 8500, so if anyone
6 would like to try, I've got an ebuild ... the only problem is the ftp
7 server has a password, so you have to download the driver files manually
8 (and they're in RPM, eewww!)
9
10 Is this something that should be put into the distribution??
11
12 BTW, the PORTDIR_OVERLAY feature of portage is brilliant, and works a
13 treat, so far.
14
15 Cheers.
16 Jonathan Kelly.