From: Wernfried Haas <amne@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Democracy: No silver bullet
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 03:58:54
1 On Fri, Aug 25, 2006 at 01:19:41PM -0500, Lance Albertson wrote:
2 > Wernfried Haas wrote:
3 > > On Fri, Aug 25, 2006 at 05:35:53PM +0100, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
4 > >> On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 18:25:53 +0200 Wernfried Haas <amne@g.o>
5 > >> wrote:
6 > >> | So if by breaking the keyword someone breaks a policy, it is something
7 > >> | devrel should and will deal with.
8 > >> Should, sure. Care to back up the will part?
9 > >
10 > > Time travel is not possible, so i am not able to present you hard
11 > > evidence.
12 > >
13 > > What i can assure you is that there is a policy that says so, and that
14 > > policies are there to be followed.
15 >
16 > The point we're making here is, policies mean nothing if they can't be
17 > backed up. The past has shown that not to happen, and until there's hard
18 > evidence to show that something is actively being done, then the
19 > assumption that nothing will happen will stand. I don't care how many
20 > policies you come up with, they mean absolutely nothing if you can't
21 > actively deal with the consequences.
22
23 Ok, so i guess it boils down to:
24 You and Chris believe devrel won't do anything based on your personal
25 judgement.
26 I believe devrel will do something based on my personal judgement.
27
28 Neither of this points can be proven right or wrong other than waiting
29 how it turns out. I hope time proves things don't stay the same for
30 all the time and things can change.
31
32 cheers,
33 Wernfried
36 Wernfried Haas (amne) - amne at gentoo dot org
37 Gentoo Forums: http://forums.gentoo.org
38 IRC: #gentoo-forums on freenode - email: forum-mods at gentoo dot org