From: Daniel Drake <dsd@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Linux kernel 2.6.24 plans
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 13:51:12
2.6.24 has been released, gentoo-sources-2.6.24 will be in portage this

Tentatively hoping to mark this stable after 5 weeks (i.e. 29th
February) but it may be done a little sooner.

We are hoping to get this stable for inclusion in 2008.0 (and to be the
kernel the livecd runs on). Testing and bug reports appreciated.

The above plans will obviously changed if there are significant unsolved
regressions in this release.

As usual, kernel modules that are in portage (i.e. outside of the
kernel) are likely to break, and the tracker bug for those issues is here:
I will spend some time providing direction on such issues, but is up to
the package maintainers to fix these problems.