From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] digest-* files in portage tree
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 01:43:47
1 On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 10:42:05 -0500
2 Aron Griffis <agriffis@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Francesco Riosa wrote: [Thu Mar 24 2005, 08:22:40AM EST]
5 > > In addition to "Manifest" files in portage tree there are 19000
6 > > "digest-${P}" files in the portage tree each of this uses 4k on
7 > > ext{2,3} filesystem and has to be scanned each time rsync is run on
8 > > the tree. Is possible to avoid the use of theese files?
9 >
10 > A few mods to portage and it should be possible to give the Manifest
11 > a structure to contain the digests...
12
13 Yeah, I might reconsider my digest-redesign I sent here a few months ago
14 if there is actually interest in this.
15
16 Marius
21 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
22 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.