From: Marius Mauch <genone@×××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Missing feature for
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2003 22:05:43
1 On 09 Jun 2003 23:52:01 +0200 Christian Aust wrote:
2
3 > In gentoo forums I've found this:
4 >
5 > If you are using Portage >= 2.0.48, there is another option for
6 > installing masked packages that does not require editing package.mask.
7 > You can add a category/package entry into the file
8 > /etc/portage/package.unmask, which will survive across an "emerge
9 > sync".
10 >
11 > [http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=33534]
12 >
13 > I've tried it, but it didn't show any effect. Currently this file just
14 > consists of
15 >
16 > sys-devel/gcc-3.3
17
18 I've read somewhere that this file only effects packages masked by
19 package.mask in /usr/portage/profiles and not ebuild masked via
20 KEYWORDS.
21
22 Marius
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list