From: drobbins@g.o
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] nvidia troubleshooting guide
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 14:34:40
Hi All,

I just posted a VERY good nvidia troubleshooting guide on our website; it's
right under the Install Guide and the Development Guide.  It contains some very
useful information relating to using NVAGP instead of AGPGART, which apparently
very important for Athlon (KT133 and KX133) chipsets.  If accelerated video
isn't completely stable for you, check it out.  I'm about to test out NVAGP
myself (I have a KT133 and my machine locks up every few hours if I use
accelerated nvidia drivers and AGPGART).

I also have some new patches for the accelerated nvidia driver that enable
devfs support and also get it working under all 2.4 kernels.  I'll commit these
changes to CVS in a bit and post here when they're available.

Best Regards,

Daniel Robbins					<drobbins@g.o>
Gentoo Technologies, Inc.