From: "Paul B. Henson" <henson@×××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: ottxor@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] logging in openntpd 20080406-r3+
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2013 05:21:44
1 On Sat, Nov 30, 2013 at 04:20:09PM +0000, Diego Elio Pettenò wrote:
2
3 > If you really don't want PID files (and it probably means you have
4 > never had to deal with medium-scale deployments, but never mind), you
5 > can make it so that `-p` is an optional parameter, and if not passed
6 > no pidfile is created. And voilà, you can make an unconditional patch
7
8 If Christoph says he'd be willing to stop running in debug mode and go
9 back to the original mechanism where openntpd runs normally as a daemon
10 and logs to syslog, I'll put together a patch that adds a -p argument to
11 optionally create a pid file after daemonizing... But I don't really want
12 to spend the time though if there's not a reasonably firm agreement on it.
13
14 My offer to debug boot delays in excess of 15 seconds upon supply of a
15 reproducible configuration that causes them still stands too...