From: Ian Stakenvicius <axs@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] python-exec2 C wrapper is looking for a new name!
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2016 19:54:03
1 On 09/02/16 02:51 PM, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > Hello, everyone.
3 >
4 > After all those boring, meaningless and violent mailing list threads,
5 > here's something nice and simple. I'd like to find a new nice name for
6 > the C wrapper part of python-exec2, and I would like to ask you for
7 > ideas.
8 >
9 > For some explanation, python-exec2 consists of two wrappers. One of
10 > them is the 'core' C wrapper that does most of the work. The other is
11 > a Python script with special shebang that is used to keep
12 > 'python /usr/bin/foo' working while deferring direct executions to
13 > the C wrapper.
14 >
15 > The Python wrapper is installed as /usr/lib/python-exec/python-exec2
16 > and this can't change since everything is symlinked to it. The C
17 > wrapper is named python-exec2-c (which is an ugly name), and since it's
18 > used only internally, I can safely change its name to something nicer.
19 >
20 > Any ideas? If possible, I'd like to avoid ambiguity between the two
21 > wrappers, so the C counterpart would have to be highlighted somehow.
24 python-exec-cwrapper ?