From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@×××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] EAPI placement
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 14:30:30
1 On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 09:20:02 -0500
2 Doug Klima <cardoe@g.o> wrote:
3 > And I brough up valid reasons with zmedico why putting it before the
4 > inherit line was flawed currently since it could lead to some
5 > seriously unexpected behavior.
6
7 It's only unexpected if people screw up. If everyone understands the
8 restrictions I posted and sticks to them then things work. If people
9 start trying to be clever things go horribly wrong.
10
11 > If that's the case, it needs to be a
12 > very strict check in repoman and we need repoman on the eclasses to
13 > prevent people from putting EAPI into the eclasses.
14
15 Or you need to get PMS and package managers retroactively updated to
16 saying that 'inherit' does a 'declare -r EAPI'... Although that's only
17 a good idea if you operate on the assumption that developers will screw
18 up.
21 Ciaran McCreesh