From: Joachim Blaabjerg <styx@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Kernel 2.4.18 patches
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 07:23:14
1 On Wed, 2002-03-13 at 11:29, Andreas Waschbuesch wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > Hi *,
6 >
7 > I just liked to ask, whether there will be those mr-fancy-pants preempt and
8 > lockbreak patches from rml back in gentoo's actual kernel or not. I'd like to
9 > switch from 2.4.17-r5 and will stick with vanilla + BOTH patches, if it's
10 > clear that they won't be included in the nearer future - which would be quite
11 > sad - by the way. Any plan?
12
13 Just a thought conserning a potential new Gentoo kernel patch... It
14 seems rmap and lock-break collides a couple of places. Lock-break was
15 written for -aa, and the result of the failed hunks is that some of the
16 long locks in the VM aren't "broken". It's no big deal, but it does
17 theoretically increase the max. response time. Any bright ideas, except
18 mailing RML and wait?
21 Joachim Blaabjerg
22 styx@×××××.org
23 www.SuxOS.org