From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: bzr.eclass
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 09:26:09
1 >>>>> On Thu, 19 Feb 2009, Christian Faulhammer wrote:
2
3 >> > +# The bzr command to get the diff output.
4 >> > +EBZR_DIFF_CMD="bzr diff"
5 >>
6 >> > + ${EBZR_DIFF_CMD} | diffstat
7 >>
8 >> Why does this need to happen? Please add a comment.
9
10 > It produces Git-like output about how much has changed. I added a
11 > comment to the overlay.
12
13 So it is just informational output and the dependency on
14 dev-util/diffstat is not essential.
15
16 pva has suggested on IRC that diffstat should only be called if it is
17 present. I think this is a good idea.
18
19 -DEPEND=">=dev-util/bzr-1.5
20 - dev-util/diffstat"
21 +DEPEND=">=dev-util/bzr-1.5"
22
23 - ${EBZR_DIFF_CMD} | diffstat
24 + [ -x /usr/bin/diffstat ] && ${EBZR_DIFF_CMD} | /usr/bin/diffstat
25
26 Ulrich