From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo commit in xml/htdocs/proj/en/qa: index.xml
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2011 13:38:22
1 On Jun 9, 2011 9:27 AM, "Samuli Suominen" <ssuominen@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > Autocrazy in effect; disagree with the lead and get removed from the team.
4
5 So, without trying to comment on the particulars of this situation (of which
6 I'm blissfully unaware beyond being able to guess from recent list traffic),
7 do we need some kind of policy around membership on "special" project teams.
8 QA and Devrel are the most obvious examples, Infra might be another.
9
10 Options might include council appointment or council appoints lead who
11 appoints others. Direct election is another route, but I don't like the idea
12 of having 5 annual elections and recalls and all that. Better to elect the
13 top and let them reign in those beneath...
14
15 I'm not saying that anybody is doing a bad job now, but if people have
16 gripes better to have a proper route of escalation than just bickering
17 on-list. If they get to the top and aren't happy then they can just stew or
18 run for election next term...
19
20 Rich