From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] QA Team's role
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 16:52:01
1 On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 17:22:57 +0100 Jakub Moc <jakub@g.o> wrote:
2 | Eh? Seen kernel2.eclass? Going to file a bug about that as well? Seen
3 | gst/gstreamer eclasses? Going to file QA bugs about them as well? And
4 | - what's exactly the QA violation there, if you could enlighten us?
5
6 You're misunderstanding the issue. See my explanation to Patrick.
7
8 I don't see the same kind of mistake in gst-plugins.eclass, assuming
9 you're referring to SLOT=${PV_MAJ_MIN} . And kernel-2 is a special
10 case, since it's not installing an actual program -- this one's been
11 explained in depth in the past on various lists. If you can point out
12 any genuine SLOT screwups that I've missed then I'll work to get those
13 fixed.
14
15 | Maybe I could point you to
16 | http://dev.gentoo.org/~plasmaroo/devmanual//general-concepts/slotting/ ?
17
18 Uh... I know how slotting works. I wrote that page, remember?
21 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Wearer of the shiny hat)
22 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
23 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm