From: Christian Birchinger <joker@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Supprting SPF on our mail servers
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 20:56:19
1 I think the impact for the user isn't that small.
2 It would require me to install another mailclient setup
3 which is something i really dislike. I'd like to keep
4 one single setup for all my accounts.
5
6 SPF would only stop that people fake user@g.o addresses
7 in their FROM: line. It wouldn't stop virii or similar stuff.
8
9 I know this is my personal opinion but in this case the cost
10 of usability is too much.
11 I created SPF DNS entries for myself where it's usable. But
12 for @gentoo.org it's the wrong solution i think.
13
14 If gentoo would be a small group i'd suggest creating an
15 A record which includes all known mailservers of the devs
16 and then use a:allowedsmtp.gentoo.org or so. But i we're
17 too big for this.
18