From: Viktor Lakics <viktor@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Would qt-3.1 solve the Linux font problem?
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2002 06:26:15
Dear Devs,

With the console (aka. Linux) font in konsole I get garbled chars
(line drawing chars) in mutt and mc. I found some hints in the
konsole-dev list as to solving this problem. Apparently this bug is
associated  with qt-3.05 not picking the right character to test the
line drawing char capability of a font (apparently the "console"
font does not have this char what qt-3.05   picks). Qt-3.04 claimed
to be working, but it is not in portage and I do not  want to mess
with my kde on a production machine...

Could anyone test that when we upgrade to kde-3.1, qt-3.1 will fix
this bug? Would KDE-3.04 or KDE-3.1 work with qt-3.04? What would be
the way to install qt-4.04 from sources without messing up my kde?

Bugs mentioned (konsole-dev):

Relevant bug in bugzilla-Gentoo:

Thanks in advance. -- Viktor