From: waltdnes@××××××××.org
To: Gentoo Developers <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Multiple occurences of flags in use.local.desc
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2016 00:06:56
1 Another day, another thread about multiple occurences of a flag in
2 use.local.desc. Howsabout a serious overall look at the situation?
3 Start with the following short script...
4
5 #!/bin/bash
6 rm -rf flagcount0.txt
7 sed "s/:/ /" /usr/portage/profiles/use.local.desc | \
8 cut -d \ -f 2 | \
9 sort -u > /dev/shm/flags.txt
10 while read flag
11 do
12 echo -n "${flag} " >> flagcount0.txt
13 grep -c ":${flag} " /usr/portage/profiles/use.local.desc >>
14 flagcount0.txt
15 done < /dev/shm/flags.txt
16 sort -n -r -k2,2 flagcount0.txt > flagcount.txt
17
18 The final result is that flagcount.txt has a count, in descending
19 order, of each flag in use.local.desc. It does need some manual
20 cleaning up, which I've done. It's file-attached. I've included all
21 flags with 5 or more occurences, as well as stuff that looks like it is,
22 or should be, a USE_expand var. The developers may want to look at the
23 issue of hyphens versus underscores.
26 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
27 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications

flagcount.txt.gz application/octet-stream