From: Panagiotis Christopoulos <pchrist@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Managing etc/* in an embbeded system
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 10:17:19
1 On 09:27 Wed 22 Jul , Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
2 > We got an embedded gentoo system where we need to manage many conf files under /etc that we have
3 > modified and should be under our control when an SW upgrade is performed.
4
5 Hi,
8 > Cloning every ebuild where we have modified its conf file(s) under /etc feels awkward so
9 > I am looking for some other way to do this automatically during SW upgrade and I figured
10 > this can not be an unique problem for us, so I wonder how other people have solved this problem?
11 > Our customers will not use emerge directly and we will provide binary pkgs.
12 >
13 > Any ideas welcome :)
16 you can subscribe to gentoo-embedded mailing list and ask there, as your product
17 is embedded. Also, man make.conf and search for CONFIG_PROTECT. If I understood
18 you correctly, it may be what you need.
19
20 Panagiotis
23 Panagiotis Christopoulos ( pchrist )
24 ( Gentoo Lisp Project )