From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo theming during bootup
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 22:53:47
1 On Friday 07 April 2006 10:31, Carsten Lohrke wrote:
2 > Still, the basic question is: Why!? There's no benefit for the user, who
3 > will choose whatever theming he wants anyways. Imho it's superfluous and
4 > therefore wasted time.
5
6 highly suspect statements
7
8 these states are all quite common ... trying to make some kind of supposition
9 as to which is the most common is a waste of time
10
11 in my experience, from the many forms of Gentoo communication (real life,
12 mailing lists, irc, forums, etc...):
13 - quite common for people to be lazy and just use the default
14 - quite common for people to change the default to their own thing
15 - quite common for people to use just Gentoo themes where they can
16
17 as long as people include Gentoo themes in packages for people to select, we
18 should have pretty good coverage of everyone's needs
19 -mike
20 --
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list