From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] EAPI-2 - Let's get it started
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 13:19:26
1 On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 06:08:20 -0700
2 Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > Ya know ciaran, I've just got to point out that you spend quite a
4 > large amount of time talking about pkgcore. Literaly- you talk about
5 > it more then I do.
6
7 Unfortunately, since you don't care about implementing EAPIs
8 correctly, I have to worry about it. Kinda important to make sure that
9 PMS is universal, you know...
10
11 > Generators aren't at all like the basic repository concept, no sir.
12
13 Er, no, they aren't. They're an entirely different model. It's good to
14 see you're trying to learn how to be a better programmer by avidly
15 reading everything I write, but please pay more attention. Confusing
16 generators and repositories is about on par with confusing a spoon and
17 an apple pie.
18
19 > Alternatively, I'll take your tack- eapi1 actually isn't supported by
20 > paludis. Ask me what bug, please, trust me I'll make it entertaining
21 > for the gentoo-dev readers.
22
23 Ah, but I have unit tests, so I can be confident when I say that we're
24 correctly implementing the EAPI 1 changes. Unlike you, I don't have
25 such a high degree of confidence in Paludis contributors' (including
26 myself) abilities to write perfect code the first time that I let
27 changes go through without testing to ensure that they work.
30 Ciaran McCreesh