From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] policy on case [in]sEnsiTiViTy to ebuild names
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 23:58:21
1 On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 00:49:25 +0100 Christian Parpart <trapni@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | I recently came into an issue of the ebuild names. usually I
4 | write them all lower case (that is: as-is), but recently, I
5 | run into packages to be submittet, that HavE different cAsEs.
6 | Namely the freedesktop's xlibs and xserver.
7 <snip>
8 | So, what's the policy on it?
9
10 In general, use lowercase except where not using lowercase would cause a
11 nasty conflict between the portage tree and upstream (perl modules seem
12 to be the canonical example here).
15 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Fluxbox, Sparc, Mips)
16 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
17 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm