From: Wayne Ringling <wayne@××××××.com>
To: tvon@×××××.org, gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: RE: [gentoo-dev] More on: Install problem with new box. help please.
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 18:44:12
1 My problem is that I don't have an existing system to use. This is a new
2 box totally.
3
4 Wayne
5
6 >I did part of the 1.0--rc6-r11 install by booting to a second drive,
7 >dialing up with ppp (since the cd had no ppp support) and chrooting to the
8 >gentoo drive.
9
10 >So long as you have a kernel that has all the capabilities you need on
11 >another drive, you can format the gentoo drives, copy over the base from
12 >the gentoo cd, and chroot to the gentoo disks to complete the install.
13
14 >I am no expert here, but from the way my install went, I dont think I ever
15 >really _had_ to boot from the cd since I had a debian system (and a boot
16 >disk for it) on my second drive.
17
18 >HTH,
19