From: John Helmert III <ajak@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] A new GLSA schema
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 00:22:39
1 On Thu, Nov 10, 2022 at 10:55:03PM +0200, Mart Raudsepp wrote:
2 > Ühel kenal päeval, N, 10.11.2022 kell 22:07, kirjutas Jaco Kroon:
3 > > > Like glsa-check?
4 > > We currently use that, but it really just says which GLSAs are
5 > > applicable to the system, it doesn't tell me net-misc/asterisk-
6 > > 16.0.1:16
7 > > - we've got ways of working from the glsa-check output to that.  Of
8 > > particular annoyance if a GLSA lists multiple packages, of which you
9 > > have one installed, and one not. Given net-misc/asterisk-16.0.1:16 I
10 > > can
11 > > quite quickly determine that emerge -1av net-misc/asterisk:16 will
12 > > resolve the problem with the lowest possible risk of breakage to
13 > > other
14 > > components on the system, and without having to perform a full
15 > > update.
16 >
17 > emerge -vpO @security
18 >
19 > but to get something like it to only showing which installed asterisk
20 > SLOT is vulnerable would be some extra coding with portage API I think.
21
22 Yeah, to implement this, working on glsa-check is already necessary. I'm
23 willing to look into ensuring the @security set works properly as well.