From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Fixing eclass code relying on ${IUSE} greps?
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 10:37:10
1 Hello,
2
3 As the 'has_iuse' thread worked out, right now PMS doesn't allow us to
4 grep IUSE for random values during runtime. Thus, all eclasses using
5 that to enable features per ebuild-defined IUSE are broken.
6
7 What way are we suggesting for fixing this? Unless we're going to
8 retroactively rewrite respective parts of the spec, we can't fix this
9 without changing API.
10
11 Honestly, I'm ready to remove all relevant code in
12 autotools-utils.eclass and fix all ebuilds in gx86 & Sunrise using it.
13 But if that's not the path we're going to take, I'd like to avoid
14 changing API then.
17 Best regards,
18 Michał Górny