From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Fixing eclass code relying on ${IUSE} greps?
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 10:37:10

As the 'has_iuse' thread worked out, right now PMS doesn't allow us to
grep IUSE for random values during runtime. Thus, all eclasses using
that to enable features per ebuild-defined IUSE are broken.

What way are we suggesting for fixing this? Unless we're going to
retroactively rewrite respective parts of the spec, we can't fix this
without changing API.

Honestly, I'm ready to remove all relevant code in
autotools-utils.eclass and fix all ebuilds in gx86 & Sunrise using it.
But if that's not the path we're going to take, I'd like to avoid
changing API then.

Best regards,
Michał Górny

Subject Author