From: "Sean P. Kane" <spkane@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-dev] Ebuild's that new another packages comfigured source
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 12:05:53
1 Chad,
2
3 Thanks. I thought about modifying the pcmcia-cs ebuild after posting as
4 a possible fix. The thing with this is that wlan-ng also builds the PCI
5 wireless drivers, etc. Maybe I can include it in the PCMCIA ebuild, but
6 only have it configure the pcmcia driver, and then have a wlan-ng ebuild
7 that builds everything BUT the PCMCIA driver which should also remove
8 the need for the PCMCIA source.....
9
10 Or create a pcmcia-cd-source ebuild....I'll play with it a bit......
11
12 Thanks,
13 Sean
16 -----Original Message-----
17 From: Chad M. Huneycutt [mailto:chad.huneycutt@×××.org]
18 Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2002 05:59
19 To: gentoo-dev@g.o
20 Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Ebuild's that new another packages comfigured
21 source
24 Sean P. Kane wrote:
25 > I am very new to Gentoo development and am trying to create an >
26 ebuild file for linux-wlan-ng. Which among a few other things >
27 includes the drivers for Prism2 based wireless network cards. To >
28 compile the PCMCIA driver it needs to have access to the CONFIGURED >
29 pcmcia-cs source code. Assuming that someone has the USE flag >
30 "pcmcia" set how do I tell ebuild that I need "pcmcia source". If >
31 this is impossible should I always download pcmcia a new, configure >
32 and install it and then keep the source around to do the >
33 linux-wlan-ng build from? This seems clumsy and likely to cause >
34 people some grief.
35
36 Does the linux-wlan-ng stuff conflict with any other pcmcia-cs modules?
37 If not, then just modify the pcmcia-cs ebuild to install the wlan
38 stuff too.
41 > Thoughts beyond this:
42 >
43 > Is there a way to keep the source installed for certain key packages
44 > like pcmcia in a consistent way like the kernel sources are kept >
45 around? Maybe have a USE "KeySourceCode" or something?
46
47 I see nothing wrong with creating a pcmcia-cs-source ebuild that copies
48 the configured source to /usr/src after doing the configuration.
49 Well, I guess the only issue would be where to draw the lines about
50 which packages have a -source.
51
52 Chad
53