From: Thomas Tuttle <gentoo@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ML changes
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 20:05:05
1 On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 12:37:42 -0700, "Chris Gianelloni"
2 <wolf31o2@g.o> said:
3 > On Fri, 2007-07-13 at 13:53 -0500, Chris Scullard wrote:
4 > > Chris
5 >
6 > Thanks for a level-headed response, Chris.
7 >
8 > I think the biggest source of confusion is that few people went to
9 > actually read the Council stuff from last meeting. Some points of
10 > contention that nobody seems to be getting:
11 >
12 > - Nobody is planning on banning users
13 > - Unmoderated mails will be auto-accepted after some timeout
14 > - Whatever delay is decided can be imposed on developers, too, if they
15 > give reason for it to be enforced on them (read, repeat offenders)
16 > - This includes myself and the other Council members
17 > - All developers will be able to moderate and all moderation is logged
18 > - Developers/users will be able to appeal unfair moderation to devrel,
19 > so action can be taken against people who moderate badly
20 >
21 > That pretty much covers most of the assumptions people are making.
22
23 Yeah, it covers almost everything I just suggested, except one thing.
24 Users who consistently contribute well, or are arch testers or other
25 relevant "official" contributors, should be able to skip the delay,
26 provided they continue to contribute positively.
27
28 Thanks,
29
30 Thomas Tuttle