From: Doug Klima <cardoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Features and documentation
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 19:37:03
1 Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > How the recent changes happened to allow USE flag descriptions in
3 > metadata.xml (which I'm not taking any position on now) gave me an idea.
4 > The Linux kernel requires that any needed documentation accompany all
5 > changes requiring said documentation -- part of the source-code patch
6 > must apply to the Documentation/ directory. Should we require that
7 > before you commit any changes, you (or someone) write the documentation
8 > for them and commit it or submit a patch at the same time?
9 >
10 > To sum up: No undocumented changes.
11 >
12 > Discuss.
13 >
14 > Thanks,
15 > Donnie
16 >
17 I agree that documentation should be provided before anything is committed.
18
19 I'd also like to note that documentation was provided with the USE flag
20 descriptions as well as an example metadata.xml with all the new
21 features being used was provided.
24 Doug Klima
25 Gentoo Developer
26 --