From: Alan <alan@×××××.org>
To: Gentoo-Dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Is this a bug in portage?
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 18:57:21
1 On Mon, Sep 08, 2003 at 08:44:56PM +0200, Martin Schlemmer wrote:
2 > On Mon, 2003-09-08 at 20:27, Thomas de Grenier de Latour wrote:
3 > > On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 20:11:34 +0200
4 > > Marius Mauch <genone@××××××.de> wrote:
5 > >
6 > > >
7 > > > Did you change kernels after installing nvidia-kernel? If yes it is a
8 > > > SLOT change and portage displays it as a upgrade.
9 > >
10 > > Does Portage supports multiple slots for a same package-version? I
11 > > thought it didn't.
12 >
13 > Not yet, but the fact that SLOT do change cause the difference in
14 > display.
15
16 It could also be that the version of the package you currently have in
17 doesn't exist anymore, and portage is trying to install the next
18 available version. I've had this when I install an ebuild by hand of a
19 higher version number (or in ~86) and that version is later on deleted
20 and replaced with $version+1, making portage try to downgrade me even
21 though I'm telling it to only upgrade.
22
23 alan
27 Alan <alan@×××××.org> - http://arcterex.net
29 "There are only 3 real sports: bull-fighting, car racing and mountain
30 climbing. All the others are mere games." -- Hemingway