From: Ivan Yosifov <ivan@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC - Gentoo on the Lab
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 10:08:53
1 On Sun, 2005-08-21 at 20:34 -0700, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > | The final result of the project will be released to the community
3 > | (GPL or BSD, still need to think), so I'd love to ear from users
4 > | dealing with this kind of scenario, question, comments, whatever you
5 > | think I should focus on. Oh, a name for the project would be welcome
6 > | =)
7 >
8 > I strongly encourage you to release it under the same license as Portage
9 > is (GPL-2), so parts (or all) of it could be incorporated into Gentoo.
10 >
11 If portage is GPL-2 it he is building a derivative work does he have a
12 choice really ?
16 Cheers,
17 Ivan Yosifov.
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list