From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Status of ppc and ppc64 teams.
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2014 06:56:53
1 On 8/5/14, 12:03 AM, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
2 > The bigger problem is actually KEYWORDREQ's so we are going to
3 > request maintainers not ever drop ~ppc or ~ppc64 even when they feel
4 > a major bump has occurred, eg a deep rewrite to a library. We know
5 > this is living dangerously but we'll going to make use of the
6 > community in this regard --- either someone will bug us on a broken
7 > ~ppc/~ppc64 package, or we'll catch it at stabilization.
8
9 FWIW I don't drop KEYWORDS for bumps considered major.
10
11 However, sometimes a major bump means a new dependency not keyworded for
12 given arch, and in that case I would drop KEYWORDS.
13
14 Note that most packages I (co-)maintain are not keyworded ~ppc/ppc64,
15 but this has happened e.g. for ~arm.
16
17 Paweł