From: Drake Wyrm <wyrm@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] browserplugin vs. nsplugin
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 00:02:32
1 Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Mon, 2005-10-17 at 22:52 +0200, dju` wrote:
3 > > Probably a silly question, but why choose nsplugin over
4 > > browserplugin?
5
6 This may not be a particularly _good_ reason, but "nsplugin" is already
7 an accepted global USE flag.
8
9 > At any rate, it is probably best to think about this now, hence using
10 > nsplugin, rather than later, when whiz-bang $browser comes out that
11 > has its own plugin interface.
12
13 Yeah! What if lynx starts using plugins?
16 Each night Father fills me with dread
17 When he sits on the foot of my bed.
18 I'd not mind that he speaks; In gibbers and squeaks,
19 But for the seventeen years he's been dead. -- Edward Gorey