From: Alon Bar-Lev <alonbl@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] New sysfs based battery monitor widget for kde
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2015 10:23:13
1 Hi,
2
3 I had some time to resolve the long outstanding issue I had with loosing
4 upower to systemd.
5
6 The only feature I personally had was the battery monitor stopped working,
7 yes, I did not install pm-utils either...
8
9 So after few times my battery went empty while I worked... decided that
10 enough is enough and I need to learn how to write kde plasmoid.
11
12 Documentation of kde plasmoid is not great, especially when using scripts,
13 but after looking on various of valid examples, I managed to produce a new
14 battery monitor[1][2] which is very simple and looks decent.
15
16 All that it does is once per interval read the /status and /capacity and
17 update the images within widget, it does not create a load nor adds
18 dependencies.
19
20 Install to user home by:
21
22 $ plasmapkg -i kbatsysfs-1.0.0.plasmoid
23
24 I hope someone will find this useful,
25 Alon
26
27 [1] http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php/kbatsysfs?content=168436
28 [2] https://github.com/alonbl/kbatsysfs