From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, neurogeek@g.o
Cc: voip@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: About unresolved bugs assigned to voip for ages
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2013 23:17:08
1 El jue, 11-10-2012 a las 08:13 +0200, Pacho Ramos escribió:
2 > El mié, 10-10-2012 a las 20:11 -0400, Jesus Rivero (Neurogeek) escribió:
3 > > On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 5:53 PM, Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn
4 > > <chithanh@g.o> wrote:
5 > > > Pacho Ramos schrieb:
6 > > >>>>>> I am noticing for a long time that bugs related with ekiga,
7 > > >>>>>> opal, yate... are completely unattended by voip team for
8 > > >>>>>> years. If nobody from that team is willing to maintain
9 > > >>>>>> them, please move them to maintainer-needed to, at least,
10 > > >>>>>> reflect reality.
11 > > >
12 > > >> Any news here? I can move that packages to maintainer-needed if you
13 > > >> send me the list of packages you don't want to maintain. Also,
14 > > >> maybe telepathy stuff could be moved to its own herd (that is
15 > > >> basically gnome team + tester... or maybe tester could join gnome
16 > > >> team ;))
17 > > >
18 > > > There is now one proxy maintainer for a couple of packages, he is
19 > > > currently waiting for voip overlay access in bug 437538. He will take
20 > > > care of linphone and related packages (see bug 399735 and its
21 > > > dependencies).
22 > > >
23 > > > Regarding the packages that can be moved to maintainer-needed: I think
24 > > > a good heuristic is if the package has several open bugs with no
25 > > > maintainer reaction, and hasn't been touched by anyone from voip herd
26 > > > in over a year. This would include the ekiga, opal and yate packages
27 > > > mentioned above.
28 > > >
29 > > I'd gladly take maintainership of opal and ekiga, if nobody wants them.
30 > >
31 > > Cheers,
34 > Would be nice as they need a lot of bumps and pending work
37 Looks like finally you added yourself to metadata but with instructions
38 to bug-wranglers to CC you and assign to herd. I would like to confirm
39 this way of assigning things with both as voip herd people didn't touch
40 ekiga related packages and, also, would be better to clarify things
41 before me going to their bugs and assigning them properly to comply
42 current metadatas (as I have seen some ekiga bugs still only assigned to
43 voip herd without you CCed)
44
45 Thanks