From: Sean Mitchell <SMitchell@×××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: "'gentoo-dev@g.o'" <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] PHP with IMAP support!
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 14:30:22
Hi All....

I've posted here before about this but got no comments. Attached is an
ebuild for c-client-2001a, which is equivalent to the imap-devel rpm for
RedHat.

After emerging it and setting the "imap" use variable I re-emerged php and
voila! IMAP support in php (TWIG worked!).

I haven't done anything about SSL support yet, and it's not the greatest
ebuild ever, but it seems to scratch and itch many of us had.

If you have any feedback for this ebuild please email me at
sean@××××××××××.org as I will be submitting it to bugzilla early next week.
(Got to do some more testing)

Sean

# Copyright 1999-2001 Gentoo Technologies, Inc.
# Distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License, v2 or later
# Maintainer: Sean Mitchell <sean@××××××××××.org>
# /space/gentoo/cvsroot/gentoo-x86/skel.build,v 1.11 2001/12/06 22:12:34
drobbins Exp

# A few notes....

# This package takes C client library portion of the University of
Washington's
# IMAP distribution and installs it so that other packages that require it
(such
# as PHP with IMAP support) have it available. It does not install the full
# package because it can conflict with other IMAP servers such as
Courier-IMAP.

S=${WORKDIR}/imap-2001a

DESCRIPTION="This is the c-client headers and libraries needed to compile
imap support."
SRC_URI="ftp://ftp.cac.washington.edu/imap/imap-2001a.tar.Z"

HOMEPAGE="http://www.washington.edu/imap"
DEPEND=""
RDEPEND=""

src_compile()
{
	emake slx || die
}

src_install ()
{
# we're only interested in the c-client stuff, so
   cd ${S}/c-client

   mkdir ${D}/usr
   mkdir ${D}/usr/include
   mkdir ${D}/usr/include/imap
   mkdir ${D}/usr/lib

   cp *.h ${D}/usr/include/imap
   cp c-client.a ${D}/usr/lib
   ln -sf c-client.a libc-client.a
}

c-client-2001a.ebuild application/octet-stream