From: Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] MANPATH handling in ebuilds
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 13:45:36
1 Le mercredi 04 janvier 2017 à 21:12 +0000, Wolfgang Mueller a écrit :
2 > is definitely not set when executing cron scripts like that. I
3 > deleted all mandoc.db files and waited for them to be regenerated.
4 > Only
5 > the one in /usr/share/man was generated, which means that makewhatis
6 > fell back to the defaults since MANPATH was empty.
7 >
8 > Just as I am composing this mail, the cron script that had `source
9 > /etc/profile' in it before makewhatis ran, and all the databases are
10 > there.
11 >
12 > Bottom line: MANPATH is not available in cron scripts.
13
14 Could you open a bug report on https://bugzilla.gentoo.org/, I think
15 this could be a very long standing bug.
18 Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o>