From: Francesco Riosa <vivo75@×××××.com>
To: gentoo development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Testing Gentoo with openQA
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2018 10:16:10
1 2018-02-03 13:16 GMT+01:00 mudler <mudler@g.o>:
2
3 > Hi everyone,
6 > This is an idea that has been floating around already, as some of you
7 > already know, openQA [1] is a project that provides the ability to fully
8 > test O.S.
11 Being used to routinely build Gentoo profiles, this idea is one of the
12 first to pop up, indeed.
16 > I'd like to bring openQA to Gentoo, and start using it for both testing,
17 > and maybe, if promising at it seems, using it to automatize even more
18 > our testing workflow and help stabilization processes.
21 simply Great.
25 > I'm creating a new project for this, the aim is first to provide ebuilds
26 > for openQA, and meanwhile writing test cases that can be used to test
27 > Gentoo inside it. As i see it, it would be really helpful exp. regarding
28 > testing DEs and track back regressions as well [2], it offers also
29 > integrations with bugzilla.
32 One of the first things noticed when trying to achieve full testing is that
33 it's a gigantic work. Suse seem to have a really good framework that
34 surely costed a lot to build.
35 How much can be reused of that work?
36 What are the differences, in features and building blocks expected for a
37 gentoo implementation?
41 > Development plan and goals will be updated to the Project page soon [3]
44 > What do you think?
47 That's a difficult objective worth the effort to achieve it
51 > Best,
52 >
53 > Ettore
56 > 1: http://open.qa/