From: pbg1854@×××××××××××××××.edu
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] linux-sources packages
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 22:07:59
1 Hi,
2
3 I've been working on cleaning up the linux-sources package... I've
4 made it completely remove the extras subdirectory (where alsa-driver
5 and the other stuff were) before moving the sources it to
6 ${D}/usr/src. I dont think they're really needed since you shouldnt
7 have to rebuild them just because you change your kernel config. I
8 also set CONFIG_MODVERSIONS=y in the config, since it seems like the
9 alsa driver requires it to build properly. I'm going to commit my
10 changes as linux-sources-2.4.2.13-r1 and
11 linux-sources-2.4.2.27-r1. Please take a look at them, since I might
12 have broken something. Oh, and one other thing... I've been getting a
13 ton of unresolved symbols in the alsa modules when running
14 depmod. This happened before and after I made any changes to the
15 ebuild scripts, and I don't know why it happens. Could you guy give me
16 some hints?
17
18 Pete