From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gentoo's policy on sender id
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2004 23:44:26
1 On Sun, Sep 05, 2004 at 10:00:45AM -0400 or thereabouts, John Davis wrote:
2 > Hi all -
3 > Recent [1] announcements [2] from other large projects have prompted
4 > this inquiry - should Gentoo adopt similar policies regarding Sender ID
5 > and make a public statement or is it not worth our time?
8 I left Debian in large part because of the stupid politics that went on in
9 that project. I want a distribution that bases its decisions on technical
10 reasons, rather than political ones.
11
12 Also, for the record, regardless of what decisions are made regarding
13 including support for SenderID in portage, we *will* be implementing
14 SenderID on our infrastructure.
15
16 --kurt