From: Dave Lee <davel@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Cc: gentoo-user@g.o, drobbins@g.o
Subject: XFS Question (was [gentoo-dev] New sys-kernel tree layout)
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 15:53:01
1 Daniel Robbins wrote:
2 > xfs-sources:
3 >
4 > The xfs-sources ebuild installs sources that support XFS; specifically,
5 > this ebuild contains a CVS snapshot of SGI's own XFS source tree. In
6 > the future, we may add other minor (and stable) performance-enhancing
7 > patches as well. We've found that using a SGI XFS CVS shapshot is the
8 > best way to go if you're going to use the XFS filesystem. If any of
9 > your Gentoo Linux filesystems are XFS, then, you'll need to use this
10 > kernel.
11
12 so when you say "minor (and stable) performance-enhancing patches" does
13 this include the patches that are in gentoo-sources ? Also, what sort of
14 problems where occuring with with XFS, because I am having some problems
15 with my machine (hard hangs/resets). Anybody having severe problems that
16 are due to XFS?
17
18 Thanks, Dave