From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: Chris Wolfe <cwolfe@×××××××××××××××.ca>
Cc: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Local patches and emerge
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 17:19:13
1 On Wed, 2004-05-12 at 12:42, Chris Wolfe wrote:
2 > Any way to get emerge to add local patches without having to modify the
3 > ebuild in question?
4 >
5 > Am currently putting together a server on which a fair number of the
6 > packages have needed tweaking at the source level to get required
7 > functionality. At the moment I am using ebuild unpack, then patching and
8 > running compile install and qmerge. If there is no easy solution at the
9 > moment I will probably just tweak emerge to add a directory to look in for
10 > local patches.
11
12 Wouldn't it just be *much* quicker to add a simple
13
14 epatch ${FILESDIR}/patchname
15
16 line to the ebuild and keep a local copy in your overlay? I would think
17 trying to modify emerge itself seems a bit of a wasted effort
18 considering how easy it is to keep your own overlay.
21 Chris Gianelloni
22 Developer, Gentoo Linux
23 Games Team
24