From: Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Wrong dependencies to postgresql
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 23:29:22
1 Doug Goldstein wrote:
2 > Enrico Weigelt wrote:
3 >> Hi folks,
4 >>
5 >> since jakub (as always) closes all my bugs, I'll report the issue to
6 >> this list before completely giving up and never ever waste a single
7 >> second on reporting bugs ...
8 >
9 > Enrico, you know exactly why he does that. Review the last bug you filed
10 > to me if you're claiming your clueless as to why.
11
12 http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22enrico+weigelt%22+troll&btnG=Google+Search
13
14 Two pages on the US version of Google when you search for "Enrico
15 Weigelt" and troll...
16
17 http://www.google.de/search?q=%22enrico+weigelt%22+troll&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:de:official&client=firefox-a
18
19 6!!! pages on the German one..
20
21 You still wonder why some of your bugs get closed?
26 >> Lots of packages have an wrong/unnecessary dependency to postgresql.
27 >> Three cases:
28 >>
29 >> a) probably traditionally depended on the whole postgresql, maybe
30 >> since before libpq was an own package. ie. qt, dovecot, ...
31 >> b) many apps (ie. webapps like bugzilla) have postgresql as dep.,
32 >> although they do not need it to be installed. (ie. bugzilla does
33 >> not have to do anything directly w/ postgresql, since it uses
34 >> perl-DBD for database access). Of course they maybe want to have
35 >> access to some postgres database, but this obviously does
36 >> not need an local server.
37 >>
38 >> cu
39 >
40 > Without providing a specific list of packages, nothing will be done with
41 > this.
49 Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o>
50 http://dev.gentoo.org/~cardoe/
51 --