From: Ivan Yosifov <ivan@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Package version requiring sse
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2005 17:07:30
1 On Sat, 2005-08-06 at 16:15 +0200, Maurice van der Pot wrote:
2 > The new valgrind version (3.0.0) requires sse support. If you have a
3 > processor without sse, you'll need to stay at 2.4.1.
4 >
5 > To make people aware of this, I could use the sse use flag in 3.0.0
6 > and die if it is not present, telling people to mask versions 3.0.0
7 > and up if they have a processor without sse. I would also have to check
8 > the arch before requiring sse.
9 >
10 > Is there a better way to do this?
11 >
12 > Thanks,
13 > Maurice.
16 I don't think arch will help you much, at least not with x86 - x86
17 contains both CPUs like P4 that have SSE and i686 that does not.
18
19 I am not sure if it is better, but you can
20 cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep flags | grep sse
21 and die if not found.
22
23 Cheers,
24 Ivan Yosifov.