From: Seemant Kulleen <seemant@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] virtual/dhcpc
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 18:09:40
1 Hi All,
2
3 I've been looking through the profiles again (I know I know, I'm trying
4 to quit doing that :P), and I notice we have net-misc/dhcpcd in there to
5 allow dhcp by default. However, there are at least two other
6 alternative dhcp client programmes in portage: udhcp and dhcpv6, with
7 dhcp-agent being another possibility (and someone MAY add dhcp-client
8 that debian uses into portage some day, who knows).
9
10 So, I was thinking of maybe making them all PROVIDE a virtual/dhcpc or
11 virtual/dhcp-client or something so that the profiles don't force an
12 alternative.
13
14 I'd like to implement this in 48 hours, so I await your thoughts. If you
15 agree, don't respond, if you don't then please respond.
16 --
17 Seemant Kulleen
18 Developer and Project Co-ordinator,
19 Gentoo Linux http://dev.gentoo.org/~seemant
20
21 Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x3458780E
22 Key fingerprint = 23A9 7CB5 9BBB 4F8D 549B 6593 EDA2 65D8 3458 780E