From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Inform GDP when installation-affected changes are made
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 10:28:54
1 Could all developers *please* inform the documentation project (through
2 docs-team@g.o or me personally) when any change will be made that
3 affects the installation process?
4
5 I do *not* like it when a user instead of the developer informs me that the
6 installation instructions are flawed due to some upgrade! It is bad for the
7 reputation of the Gentoo documentation, bad for Gentoo's reputation and bad
8 for the users.
9
10 Such changes are (but not limited to):
11
12 - Location of the LiveCD ISOs
13 - LiveCD boot options (kernel names, kernel parameters)
14 - LiveCD boot process that can confuse users
15 - net-setup usage
16 - Location of stages (on CD or on I'net)
17 - mirrorselect usage
18 - bootstrap.sh usage
19 - kernel choices for architectures
20 - required kernel options for architectures
21 - genkernel usage
22 - /etc/conf.d/net changes
23 - bootloader changes
24 - renaming of system logger, cron daemons or other installation-specified
25 tools
26 - GRP changes
27 - Location of GRP packages on LiveCD
30 Sven Vermeulen