From: Karl Trygve Kalleberg <karltk@×××××××.no>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] xchat-1.8.2 anomalies
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2001 14:26:25
1 On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 01:57:00PM -0600, Daniel Robbins wrote:
2
3 > Well, python-config is a Gentoo Linux-specific program, but it definitely
4 > a good thing :) Please continue to work on the ebuild and post it here when
5 > you have everything working.
6
7 Then I've found a slight bug in python-config, actually. It forgets to
8 include -lm. When I added that to python-config, everything works nicely.
9
10 Achim's xchat-1.8.2 ebuild already patches the Makefiles (I didn't
11 notice this until after I sent the mail) to use the library-list
12 python-config tells it to do, it's just that python-config doesn't include
13 -lm in this list.
14
15 I don't have CVS access, so somebody else should add -lm to
16 python-config; This is with dev-lang/python/python-2.0-r4.ebuild, might
17 apply to the other ebuilds as well.
20 Kind regards,
21
22 Karl T