From: "Hanno Böck" <hanno@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Packages up for grabs: openvas
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2018 12:10:00
1 Hi,
2
3 I practically haven't maintained openvas for quite a long time, yet
4 unfortunately am still listed as the maintainer. It's a security scanner
5 and a fork of nessus.
6 It needs version bumps, updated ebuilds are in bugzilla, but I don't
7 know if they're for the very latest version [1].
8
9 In my experience upstream changes things often and makes the usability
10 more complex with every new release while providing little value (I
11 mostly got false positives out of it in the past).
12
13 The following packages belong to it:
14 net-analyzer/openvas
15 net-analyzer/openvas-manager
16 net-analyzer/openvas-cli
17 net-analyzer/openvas-tools
18 net-analyzer/openvas-libraries
19 net-analyzer/openvas-scanner
20 net-analyzer/greenbone-security-assistant
21 net-analyzer/ospd
22
23 Feel free to take it and remove me, otherwise I'll remove myself soon
24 and make it "maintainer-needed".
25
26 [1] https://bugs.gentoo.org/590324
29 Hanno Böck
30 https://hboeck.de/
31
32 mail/jabber: hanno@××××××.de
33 GPG: FE73757FA60E4E21B937579FA5880072BBB51E42