From: Roy Marples <uberlord@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] /var/lib/init.d/* vs. pidfiles
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 20:25:40
1 On Sat, 23 Dec 2006 20:50:06 +0100
2 Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de> wrote:
3
4 > * Roy Marples <uberlord@g.o> schrieb:
5 >
6 > <snip>
7 >
8 > > I'm going to stop you right there.
9 > > Before claiming design problems in the init system, you could at
10 > > least have the good grace to try out the most current available in
11 > > portage where you would know
12 >
13 > Well, I just sync'ed and `emerge -puD system` doesn't show up
14 > anything todo, and I didn't mask out anything. So can I assume my
15 > init system is up to date ?
16
17 No you cannot.
18 baselayout-1.13 is currently package.masked as there are still a few
19 upgrade/downgrade issues to resolve with the 1.12 branch. However, it
20 is unmasked on BSD profiles where it's enjoying great success.
21 Hopefully in the new year it can be moved to ~ARCH.
22
23 Thanks
24
25 Roy