From: dams@×××.fr
To: Luke-Jr <luke-jr@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] desktop
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 14:00:30
1 Luke-Jr <luke-jr@g.o> said:
2
3 > Could someone summarize this thread please? I'm somewhat interested in the
4 > discussion, but don't really have time to go through reading all 50 or so new
5 > messages... o.o;;
6
7 summary attempt (please correct me if we still don't agree)
8
9 desktop will handle the desktop component. It'll try to stick with vanilla
10 desktops as much as possible, but provide good default, and uniformization when
11 it's possible and non-intrusive. In all case, additions should be easily (un)pluggable.
12
13 About non visible stuff, desktop will try to make things work out of the box.
14 Ie, addapt config/default data so that they better interact with gentoo core
15 system.
16
17 Some questions to answer :
18
19 - do we want X in desktop or in base or elsewhere? it seems we tend to put X in
20 base, but not included in default system
21
22 - should we have rules to decide if such modification will change the DE too
23 much from vanilla state?
24
25 - probably other things, but my head is in a bad state right now
28 dams
31 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list