From: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Lastrite: net-libs/xulrunner
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2012 18:55:34
1 On 06/06/2012 08:28 PM, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
2 > On Wed, Jun 06, 2012 at 04:19:58PM +0300, Samuli Suominen wrote:
3 >> # Samuli Suominen<ssuominen@g.o> (06 Jun 2012)
4 >> # Vulnerable and no longer used by anything in tree wrt #403415
5 >> # Removal in 30 days
6 >> <net-libs/xulrunner-10.0
7 >> <gnome-extra/yelp-2.30.2-r200
8 > What do we do about other apps that are XULRunner based, and NOT yet
9 > updated by upstream to the new xulrunner (it actually depends on remote
10 > XUL loading that got removed in newer versions too).
11 > (In my case, http://open-ils.org/)
14 we don't do anything, but you can keep on using it by copying the ebuild
15 to your local overlay (don't forget distfiles)
18 then when they do upgrade to new xulrunner, it's possible to package it
19 from firefox tarball
20 mozilla upstream doesn't support this, but some other distribs are
21 packaging it[1]
22
23 [1] http://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/xulrunner/
24
25 but nothing in portage is requiring this, so -1 for packaging it from
26 me, as they should really upgrade to something else, like webkit-gtk...