From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@×××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] reason for dhcpcd in system profile ?
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 00:36:06
1 Andrew Gaffney wrote:
2 > Marius Mauch wrote:
3 >
4 >> On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 14:05:10 -0500
5 >> Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@×××××××××××××××××××.net> wrote:
8 >>> That's what I thought. There's one thing that confused me, though. In
9 >>> /usr/portage/profiles/default-x86-1.4/packages there is the line:
10 >>>
11 >>> >=x11-base/xfree-4.1.0-r12
12 >>>
13 >>> Why would X be in the system class?
17 >> It is not, read the comments at the top if the packages file. This line
18 >> only masks all xfree versions below 4.1.0-r12.
21 > Is this the file that actually defines what is installed when one does
22 > 'emerge system'?
23
24 Nevermind. I actually just read *all* the comments at the top of that file.
27 Andrew Gaffney
31 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list