From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, Kent Fredric <kentnl@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New Portage fork: sys-apps/portage-mgorny
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2018 18:27:32
1 On 03/24/2018 02:01 AM, Kent Fredric wrote:
2 > On Sat, 24 Mar 2018 09:02:20 +0100
3 > Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >> ...except that it is also used to say 'this is experimental version,
6 >> unmask at will' and Portage wants to unmask stuff for you anyway. Well,
7 >> I mean the default configuration of Portage, not mine.
8 >
9 > Yeah, that default I find incredibly stupid tbh.
10 >
11 > Auto-unmask use works nicely. Autounmask for package.mask and
12 > accept_keywords is just madness I'd love to see stopped.
13 >
14 > Its right up on my list of "portage doing ultra dumb stuff? Turn this
15 > off".
16 >
17 > I have it turned off in my defaults.
18
19 The defaults certainly do not work perfectly in all situations. However,
20 there are a vast number of situations where using --autounmask-continue
21 will make appropriate package.mask changes without the need for any user
22 intervention.
23 --
24 Thanks,
25 Zac